CHANGE YOUR LIFE –
CHOOSE THE PATH TO
REN XUE Annual Retreat - Rotorua, New Zealand
14 - 22 November 2019
- Do you want to be healthier and feel more vibrant?
- Do you want to feel more joy and improve your relationships with yourself and others?
- And most importantly, would you like to get to know yourself better and attain higher realisation and wisdom?
If so, then get ready to experience personal growth like never before!
Join world-renowned teacher, Yuan Tze, for a life-changing nine-day retreat. During the event, Yuan Tze will share with you the wisdom and Qigong meditation practices of REN XUE—a practical and comprehensive approach for improving health and living a wisdom-guided life.
You will gain greater clarity of thought and experience the benefits of having a more open heart and mind. Enjoy all of this with the support of a wisdom-guided communit
Click on any of the links below to jump to further details about the REN XUE Annual NZ Retreat:
|Venue||Ways to Pay|
|Transport to Rotorua||Meals & Dietary Requirements|
|Ride Sharing||Linen & Bedding|
|Accommodation & Fees||Washing|
|Registration Day Information||Internet|
|Retreat Daily Schedule||What to Bring|
|Financial Assistance||Cancellation & Refund Policy|
Should you have any further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
REN XUE TEACHERS: To register for the Teacher Continuing Education Training and Annual Retreat, please click here.
Transport to and within Rotorua
- Map: www.keswick.org.nz/group-camp/location
- From Rotorua Airport to the venue: 3.2 km, 5 minutes’ drive, shuttle bus approximately NZ $13, depending on the number of passengers
- From Rotorua city centre to the venue: 8.3 km, 12 minutes’ drive, bus Baybus Rotorua route 10, get off at Cooper Avenue. Click here for Fares & a Timetable
- Bus from Auckland to Rotorua: 4.5 - 5 hours, www.intercity.co.nz or https://skip.travel
- To the Rotorua Airport from the venue: Baybus Rotorua route 10
- To Rotorua city centre from the venue: Baybus Rotorua route 10
Travel Sustainably: Offer or request a ride share.
We invite you to use our Ride Share page to offer or request a ride so that we may all travel more sustainably.
There are many great reasons to rideshare, from reducing greenhouse gasses and saving money to meeting new people. REN XUE International would like to do its best to facilitate transportation opportunities for both our students and staff. We sincerely hope that your use of this site is successful and rewarding!
Legal Disclaimer. Please remember that you are responsible for any arrangements made on the Ride Share page. This service is here for your convenience. Adequately screen prospective ride sharers. REN XUE International is not responsible for any personal injury, property damage, or other loss that might occur as a result of your choice to rides share.
Accommodation & Fees
The fees below include accommodation, food and all teachings and related teaching material from Yuan Tze and senior REN XUE teachers. Please note that there will be additional fees for linen service and gluten-free – see details below.
$1,250 Dorm room (sharing with 3-6 people in separate male and female dorms)
$1,450 Twin room (per person)
$1,500 Single room
$1,100 Camping or caravan
More information and images of Keswick accommodation
$1,000 Staying off-site: If you want more privacy and comfort, there are two resorts within a 3-minute walk of Keswick:
You will need to organise your accommodation with them separately.
* All prices are in NZ dollars.
* Fees are per person
* Teachers who are attending the Continuing Education Training and Retreat please click here for separate registration details
* $100 Early Bird discount if registered by Thursday 17 October
Linen Service: Linen and bedding hire $17.85 per set for the duration of your stay. Set includes 2 white single sheets, 1 duvet, 1 pillow and white case, 1 white towel.
Special Gluten-Free Dietary Fee: Must be booked in advance and will incur a surcharge of $7.50 per day per person.
Registration Day Information
REN XUE Annual NZ Retreat (14 – 22 November)
Thursday 14 November
New registrants welcome for lunch 12:00-1:30 p.m.
Registration 3:00-5:00 p.m.
First day dinner: 6:00-7:00p.m.
Friday 22 November
Ends at 11:30 a.m. with lunch
Retreat Daily Schedule
7:00-8:00 Session 1 (1’)
8:00-9:30 Breakfast (1’30”)
9:30-12:00 Session 2 (2’30”)
12:00-1:30 p.m. Lunch (1’30”)
Afternoon & Evening
1:30-3:30 Session 3 (2’)
3:30-4:00 Afternoon tea (30”)
4:00-5:30 Session 4 (1’30”)
5:30-7:00 Dinner (1’30”)
6:15-7:00 Counselling/Tutorial (optional) (45″)
7:00-8:30 Session 5 (1’30”)
8:30-9:30 Free time (2’)
9:30-10:00 Get ready for sleep (30″)
10:00 p.m.-6:00 a.m. Bed time (8’)
Note: The five activity sessions are dedicated to learning REN XUE, group healings, learning Yuan Qigong and Yuan Qigong practice. A detailed programme will be supplied at the retreat.
* Applications for Financial Assistance are now closed.*
An NZD$300 Financial Assistance discount is available to those who would not be able to attend otherwise.
The Financial Assistance Fund is a very limited fund donated by generous individual REN XUE practitioners. It is intended to help those truly unable to attend the retreat without financial support. If you can access the necessary funds in the form of savings or if you can find other means of assistance through family or friends, we ask you to refrain from applying for financial assistance, but be sure to get the early bird rate offered by booking before Thursday 17 October.
Applications are due by the NEW DATE of Sunday 15 September and recipients will be notified by 20 September. To learn more read the Financial Assistance Policy.
* No discounts (including Early Bird) applicable for recipients of Financial Assistance
Ways To Pay
Direct Bank Transfer: This is the preferred payment method for people residing in New Zealand. If you choose this option on the registration form, please pay the full amount upon completing your online registration. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
Please pay into the following bank account:
- Bank name: Kiwibank
- Account name: REN XUE International Charitable Trust
- Account No: 38-9020-0409613-00
- Particulars: Rotorua
- Code: Your first name initial
- Reference: Your surname (as you entered it on the Registration Form)
Credit Card: Directly on the registration form. This payment option is via the STRIPE payment gateway. It is secure and safe with regard to your personal card details.
Alternative Payment Options: If you need an alternative payment option such as invoice, overseas transfers or a payment plan, please contact email@example.com
Meals & Dietary Requirements
Three meals and afternoon tea with fruit will be provided daily. Please bring your own snacks if you need food between meals. The menu will consist of healthy food including fish or meat, fresh fruit and vegetables, a variety of legumes and grains and some dairy products every day. Eggs will be served every breakfast.
There is a basic selection of tea and coffee. If you prefer specific herbal teas, please bring your own tea bags.
Vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free or dairy-free options will be available if necessary. There is an extra charge of $7.50 per day for a gluten-free diet. Please let us know when you register if you require any of these options.
Linen & Bedding
Linen and bedding are available for hire: NZ $17.85, including 2 single sheets, 1 duvet, 1 pillow, 1 pillowcase and 1 towel. Towels will be changed every 3 days and sheets once during the stay.
Washing machines and dryers are available: $1 per washing or drying load – cold wash only; soap powder packet – 50 cents.
Free Wi-Fi is available.
What To Bring
- Pillow slip, sheets and duvet or sheets and sleeping bag (unless you are opting to pay the $17.85 linen service fee).
- Towels and personal toiletries, including earplugs in case they may be useful
- Layers of comfortable clothing, as the weather at this time of
yearcan be unpredictable
- Blankets for keeping yourself warm during seated practice
- Cushions for floor seating or seated practice (chairs are also available)
- Slippers or socks for the main practice areas
- Tablet/laptop or notebook & pens
- Water bottle or thermos flask
Cancellation and Refund Policy
2019 Retreat Refund Policy: Rotorua, New Zealand
If you need to cancel your retreat registration, please do so early. Late cancellations may make it difficult to give someone else the opportunity to attend. Once you have paid any portion of the retreat fee, administrative and possibly cancellation fees will apply, depending on the cancellation date.
If you cancel your reservation:
- before 14 October 2019 at
midnight,we will refund all fees paid minus any applicable administrative charges.
- on 15 October 2019 or later, we will refund all fees paid minus $150 cancellation fee and applicable administrative charges. Refunds will be paid within 30 days of receiving a cancellation notice.
PLEASE NOTE THAT:
- The same policies apply to full and part-time attendees.
- Anyone leaving the retreat early for anything other than a qualified emergency (medical emergency or a death in the family) will not receive any refund
- If someone leaves early due to a qualified emergency (medical emergency or a death in the family), we will refund the days that are not attended proportionately minus the $150 cancellation fee and the applicable administrative charges.
REN XUE International reserves the right at any time to require that a participant leave the retreat if it is determined that the participant’s behaviour is either excessively disruptive or dangerous to self or others. In this case, all retreat fees are non-refundable.
Cancellation by REN XUE International
In the highly unlikely event that REN XUE International must cancel the retreat for unforeseen reasons, we will notify you as soon as possible and will refund the full fee amount paid.