CHANGE YOUR LIFE -
CHOOSE THE PATH TO
Annual REN XUE Portugal Retreat – Odemira, Portugal
May 17 – 25, 2020
- Do you want to be healthier, happier and feel more vibrant?
- Are you eager to achieve sustainable personal growth?
- And most importantly, would you like to get to know your True Self and attain higher realization and wisdom?
If so, then prepare to embark on a transformative journey!
Join world-renowned teacher, Yuan Tze, for a life-changing nine-day retreat. During the event, Yuan Tze will share with you the wisdom and Qigong meditation practices of REN XUE—a practical and comprehensive approach for improving health and living a wisdom-guided life.
Learn how to transform unhealthy patterns to clear the root causes of problems and experience the benefits of having a more open heart and mind. Enjoy creating this positive change with the support of a wisdom-guided community.
Whether this is your first or fifth retreat with Yuan Tze, there are opportunities for everyone to deepen their personal growth.
EVENT CANCELLATION NOTICE
After much consideration, we have decided that due to increasing health concerns relating to the spread of the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), it is no longer possible for us to deliver this retreat without risk to our community. The health and wellbeing of our REN XUE community are our top priority.
This decision was not made lightly and was part of a wider decision to cancel all North American and European events this year (California, Washington D.C., Portugal, France, Italy, Germany).
Read more about the decision and a special message from Yuan Tze here
Click on any of the links below to jump to further details about the REN XUE Annual NZ Retreat:
Should you have any further questions, please contact Ticha at email@example.com
Zmar Eco Experience
Caixa Postal 3845
Accommodation & Fees
The fees below include accommodation, food and all teachings and related teaching material from Yuan Tze and senior REN XUE teachers.
* All prices are in Euros (€).
* Fees are per person
* *REN XUE International is a charity based in New Zealand, Direct Bank Transfer payments made from outside of New Zealand will incur transfer fees from your bank or online transfer service
* €75 Early Bird discount if registered by Wednesday, April 1, 2020
Transport to Zmar
Transportation from Faro Airport to Zmar
Train, Taxi 2h 54min (43€-56€)
- Faro Airport take bus (20 min) #16 (every hour) to Faro Bus Terminal (1€-3€)
- Then take the Train (4x a day) to Sta. Clara - Saboia (6€-9€/1h4min)
- Lastly, take a Taxi (36,8km) to Zmar (35€-45€/30min)
Drive 1h 36min – 122,2km (Approximate fuel cost 15€-23€)
- Rent a car – All Car Rental Brands at Faro Airport include Hertz; Budget; Guerin; Keddy; Centauro; Goldcar; AVIS; SIXT; Europcar; Drive on Holidays; Firefly; RHODIUM.
Transportation from Lisbon Airport to Zmar
We are arranging group transport from Lisbon Airport to Zmar on May 17, and returning from Zmar to Lisbon Airport on May 25.
The additional cost of this service will range from €10 – €24 per person each way, depending on the type of transport (minivan or bus) and the number of people. The transport services will require a minimum number of passengers to operate. In circumstances where minimum numbers are not reached, we will let you know so you can make alternative arrangements.
If you would like to find out more about this service, please register your interest when you complete the retreat registration form (registration opens Monday, January 20, 2020).
Train 3h 57min (52€-69€ total)
- Lisbon Airport take subway (every 5 min) red line - S. Sebastião to Oriente (2€ - 6 min)
- Then take the Train (3x a day) to Sta Clara – Saboia (15€-22€/ 2h21min)
- Lastly, take a taxi (36,8km) to Zmar (35€-45€/30min)
Bus 6h 4min
- Lisbon Airport take bus (14 min) line 2 – Financial Center (every hour) to Sete Rios Station (3€-5€)
- Then take the Bus (3x a day) to Zambujeira do Mar (12€-15€/3h)
- Last time take a Taxi to Zmar
Drive 2h 20min – 208,3km (Approximate fuel cost: 27€-40€)
- Rent a car – All Car Rental Brands at LISBON – Airport Portela include Hertz; Sadorent; Budget; Guerin; Keddy; Alamo; Enterprise; Centauro; Goldcar; Drive4less; AVIS; Thrifty; Luso; SIXT; Europcar; Drive on Holidays; Turisprime; OK; Flizzr; Interrent; Rupauto; National; Firefly.
Registration Day Information
Annual REN XUE Portugal Retreat (17 – 25 May)
Sunday 17 May
Accommodation check-in 4:00 pm
Registration 3:00-5:00 pm
First-day dinner: 5:30-7:00 pm
Monday 25 May
Ends at 11:00 am with lunch
Accommodation check-out 11 am
Retreat Daily Schedule
7:00-8:00 Session 1 (1’)
8:00-9:30 Breakfast (1’30”)
9:30-12:00 Session 2 (2’30”)
12:00-1:30 p.m. Lunch (1’30”)
Afternoon & Evening
1:30-3:30 Session 3 (2’)
3:30-4:00 Afternoon tea (30”)
4:00-5:30 Session 4 (1’30”)
5:30-7:00 Dinner (1’30”)
6:15-7:00 Guidance/Tutorial (optional) (45″)
7:00-8:30 Session 5 (1’30”)
8:30-9:30 Free time (2’)
9:30-10:00 Get ready for sleep (30")
10:00 p.m.-6:00 a.m. Sleep (8’)
Note: Each day there are five sessions dedicated to learning and applying REN XUE and Yuan Gong theories and methods for healing the whole of life. Participants will receive a detailed program prior to the event.
Meals & Dietary Requirements
Three meals and afternoon tea with fruit will be provided daily. Please bring your own snacks if you need food between meals. The menu will consist of healthy food including fish or meat, fresh fruit, and vegetables, a variety of legumes and grains and some dairy products every day. Eggs will be served every breakfast.
There is a basic selection of tea and coffee. If you prefer specific herbal teas, please bring your own tea bags.
Vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free or dairy-free options will be available if necessary. When you register, please let us know if you require any of these options.
Linen & Bedding
If you are staying in a house or shared room, Zmar will provide your bed linen and towels. They are changed every four nights. Any extra change is available upon request and for a surcharge.
If you are camping, you must bring and pitch your own tent. You must also bring all your own bedding and camping gear.
Free Wi-Fi is available.
What To Bring
- Personal toiletries, including earplugs in case they may be useful
- Layers of comfortable clothing, as the weather at this time of year can be unpredictable
- Blankets for keeping yourself warm during seated practice
- Cushions for floor seating or seated practice (chairs are also available)
- Tablet/laptop or notebook & pens
- Water bottle or thermos flask
- If you are camping, you will need to bring your own bed linen, towels can camping equipment.
A €150 Financial Assistance discount is available to those who would not be able to attend otherwise.
The Financial Assistance Fund is a very limited fund donated by generous individual REN XUE practitioners. It is intended to help those truly unable to attend the retreat without financial support. If you can access the necessary funds in the form of savings or if you can find other means of assistance through family or friends, we ask you to refrain from applying for financial assistance, but be sure to get the early bird rate offered by booking before Wednesday, April 1, 2020.
Applications must be received by Sunday, March 15. Recipients will be notified by Friday, March 20, 2020. To learn more read the Financial Assistance Policy.
Please note that Financial Assistance will be available for the accommodation Option 1 only i.e. bedroom for four people in a shared bungalow with a shared bathroom.
To apply for Financial Assistance, please click here.
Ways To Pay
Direct Bank Transfer:
Direct Bank Transfer is an option, however, because REN XUE International is a charity based in New Zealand, if you are paying from outside of New Zealand transfer fees with your bank or online service will apply. We recommend Transferwise as an online transfer service, as they have the lowest fees in our experience, please see the details below. Please pay the full amount upon completing your online registration. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
Name: REN XUE International Charitable Trust
Account Number: 38-9020-0409613-00
101 Cluny Road
SWIFT Code: KIWINZ22
Reference: (first initial)(surname)Port20
- In the ‘You send’ box choose your local currency and enter the fees you need to pay
- In the ‘Recipient gets’ box choose NZD
- Make sure to choose the ‘low cost transfer fee’
- For the reference, there a limit of 12 characters, so don’t worry if “Port20” does not fit
- Once the payment has gone through, you can expect to receive a confirmation email from Transferwise.
Credit card payment can be made directly on the registration form. This payment option is via the STRIPE payment gateway. It is secure and safe with regard to your personal card details.
Alternative Payment Options:
If you need an alternative payment option such as invoice, overseas transfers or a payment plan, please contact Ticha, our events manager via firstname.lastname@example.org
Visa and Passport Requirements
Do I need a visa?
Passport holders of some countries and territories do not have to apply for a visa before they travel to Portugal. For example, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the US, which allows such nationals to enter and stay in Portugal for 90 days within a six-month period (180 days) without needing any visa for Portugal.
Click here to view Portugal’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ guidance on nationalities that are exempt from holding a visa and those that must hold a visa.
How long does it take to get Portugal visa?
You can apply for a Portugal Schengen visa three months before your planned trip. Depending on the nationality of the applicant, the processing time may take at least 15 days from the day of application. This process may take longer if required documents are missing from the application.
How long does my passport need to be valid to travel to Portugal?
Portugal is also a signatory to the 1995 Schengen Agreement. Passports must be valid for up to six months (depending on your nationality) and are required by all, except by European Union nationals and nationals of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Malta, Norway and Switzerland holding valid national ID cards.
If you are unsure, please contact your closest Portuguese consulate or embassy.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
2020 Retreat Refund Policy: Odemira, Portugal
If you need to cancel your retreat registration, please do so early. Late cancellations may make it difficult to give someone else the opportunity to attend. Once you have paid any portion of the retreat fee, administrative and possibly cancellation fees will apply, depending on the cancellation date.
If you cancel your reservation:
- before Wednesday, April 22, 2020 at
midnight,we will refund all fees paid minus any applicable administrative charges.
- on Thursday, April 23, 2020 or later, we will refund all fees paid minus €45 cancellation fee and applicable administrative charges. Refunds will be paid within 30 days of receiving a cancellation notice.
PLEASE NOTE THAT:
- The same policies apply to full and part-time attendees.
- Anyone leaving the retreat early for anything other than a qualified emergency (medical emergency or a death in the family) will not receive any refund
- If someone leaves early due to a qualified emergency (medical emergency or a death in the family), we will refund the days that are not attended proportionately minus the €45 cancellation fee and the applicable administrative charges.
REN XUE International reserves the right at any time to require that a participant leave the retreat if it is determined that the participant’s behaviour is either excessively disruptive or dangerous to self or others. In this case, all retreat fees are non-refundable.
Cancellation by REN XUE International
In the highly unlikely event that REN XUE International must cancel the retreat for unforeseen reasons, we will notify you as soon as possible and will refund the full fee amount paid.